1) Your social media activity is in addition to all other forms of communication.
2) You have to be social. Say something interesting or funny. Ask questions. Share things.
3) Google+ + YouTube > Facebook
4) Hard selling or conning people with fake bait (sales pitches dressed up as blogs) on Linkedin is worse than not being there at all.
5) There are no shortcuts on the road to success but there are many tools that will help you do this more efficiently and effectively. Use them.
6) No one ever thought of something interesting to say while staring at their computer screen or smart phone. Step away and have a life. All else will follow.
7) Always listen more than you speak.
8) Don’t fancy it? That’s fine. The world will keep turning. I’m sure there are businesses that don’t open the mail, answer the phone or reply to emails. I’d rather not deal with them but if that’s how you operate, that’s your right.
9) Always, always treat people well. Be nice. Really nice. Respect everyone and keep your head when you’re criticised. Remember, the world is watching.
10) Show your passion.
11) Get better at explaining what you do.
12) Text alone will only get you so far. Images and video are now essential.